Just sharing a recipe for my take on Fishermen’s Pie. It’s an easy one pot method and it went down a storm with my Bubsy. He gobbled it all up. I used cod but I suppose you could use any bit of fish.
I also had half a pouch of Ella’s Kitchen Big Smiles Cheesy Pie left over as my teething baby refused to eat it (hot or cold!). So I had a spot of inspiration and decided to use it instead of chucking it away. This can easily be omitted, though.
I spooned out 6 toddler portions and stuck them in the freezer. I then had plenty left over and am planning on using that make a mummy and daddy version tomorrow.
- 250g of skinless and boneless cod (roughly dived into cubes)
- 10 baby potatoes (shredded)
- 1 small tin of baby carrots (finally sliced)
- 1/2 a pouch of Ella’s Kitchen Big Smiles Cheesy Pie
- Knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried chives
- 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- Freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Milk (enough to submerge all the other ingredients)
- Grated cheddar cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- Boil the shredded potatoes in water for a few minutes to remove the starch.
- Drain the water out and rinse the potatoes
- Put the potatoes back in the pan along with everything else (bar Ella’s Kitchen pouch and the cheddar cheese)
- Cook on a medium/low heat until the potatoes are mush (basically you won’t be able to see the shredded strands anymore)
- Then add in Ella’s Kitchen pouch (this step can be omitted as the cheese will do the same job)
- Add in the cheddar cheese
- Once the cheese has melted, that’s it, you’re done.
Simple. Hope your baby enjoys it as much as mine did.